New "Perfect Fly Store" Now Open
|.............................Fly Fishing Yellowstone National Park
I am pleased to announce that we are going ahead and opening the new "Perfect Fly
Store" website as of today - "Open Now". I wanted it finished and but as you will see,
it is just getting underway. There are over 150 different "Perfect Flies" that are
available now. They are mostly mayfly and terrestrial insect imitations but a few caddis
larvae and other flies have been posted. We already have over 15,000 flies in stock
with that many more coming in the next couple of weeks. That will just be the starting
inventory. We will have several times that many - my guess is 100,000 - flies in stock
by next February. We will be working on this site and adding new product every day
for the next couple of months and probably even longer.
Not only will you find specific imitations of all the major species of mayflies in all
stages of life that fish eat, you will also find more information on how to fish the
hatches and flies than you will find on any other website. We also have a few flies
posted for other species such as bass and some saltwater species with well over a
hundred more different new flies for none trout species coming soon.
Some "Perfect Flies" available that are needed now for Yellowstone and nearby
1. Yellow Quills: These mayflies are just starting to hatch. You will find them in the
fast water streams. The Yellowstone River, Gallatin and several others have these
clinger mayflies. We have these available now in the nymph, dun and spinner stages
2. Of course you always need some PMD or Pale Morning Dun imitations. These
mayflies hatch for most of the summer. We have them available in all stages of their
life: nymph, emerger, and emerger with a trailing shuck, dun and spinner.
3. There are some of our grasshopper imitations posted with more to come.
These sandwich hoppers are great for floating a dropper rig or by themselves.
Available in 5 sizes. Try the hook size 4 for a strike indicator or big fish.
4. Our "Perfect Fly" Japanese Beetle is now available and working good about
anywhere you want to present it.
5. We have three different types of ants available now. This is the perfect time to
be fishing the "Perfect Fly" ant patterns.
6. There should be some Heptagenia mayflies or Pale Evening Duns starting to
hatch. You will find these in the Yellowstone and most of the other streams in the park.
We have these mayfly imitations in the nymph, emerger, emerger with trailing shuck,
dun and spinner stages.
7. There are still some Gray Drakes hatching in the Northeast section of the park and
probably streams near the south entrance such as the Lewis River. We have imitaitons
of the swimming nymph and spinners for this mayfly.
8. If you fish any of the streams or lakes that have "Tricos" such as the Madison River
near Hebgen Lake you will probably want our imitations of these mayflies. The Henry's
Fork also has this hatch going on. If you go up to the Missouri River, you will find huge
hatches of them. We not only have them in all the stages of their life, we also have flies
for the male and female duns and spinners. They are very different looking mayflies.
9. Of course you Callibaetis mayflies are still hatching in most of the lakes in the park
and those nearby. We have 5 different imitations that cover all stages of their life.
10. Our caddisfly imitations are just now coming on-line but we do have Spotted
Sedge larva imitations and some Rock Worms or free-living caddisflies larvae you
should have with you. The pupa and adult flies that match most all species of
caddisflies at Yellowstone will be available very soon.
Notice there are no shipping or handling charges irrespective of how many
flies you order. If you order one fly, we will send you one fly free of shipping and
Copyright 2008 James Marsh